Sunday, March 25, 2012

You Matter To Him

In Relief Society today the teacher based her lesson on a General Conference talk from October 2011 called You Matter To Him by Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  In the article it talks about how much we matter to our Heavenly Father.  He is aware of all of us and the trials we are going through and he is there for us, all we have to do is turn to him.

This lesson really touched me because sometimes I can forget that he is watching out for me.  I get caught up in the details of life that seem to matter so much in the moment instead of focusing on the bigger picture. Yet even through all of this Heavenly Father is aware of me and wants me to be happy and find joy in this life.

It is good to get a reminder of this, to know that despite the numberless creations of God, I matter to him. It is humbling and empowering.  I am grateful for this knowledge and the peace that comes with it.

No comments: