Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baptism

So my niece was baptized yesterday and though she is young I found myself appreciating the beauty of the covenant of baptism and the joy it can bring to followers of all ages. We can become clean and pure and promise to follow the Savior for all of our lives and we are so completely blessed when we actually follow through with that covenant.

I feel like we are the luckiest people in the world to have the gospel in its fullness on the earth today to bless all people of all nations who choose to accept. It makes me grateful for the blessings I have and the wonder of my Heavenly Father's love for me and the people of the earth.

I reflect on the actual ordinance of baptism and how it is an example of the Savior's sacrifice, death, and resurrection. What a beautiful reminder and the fact that we can follow in his footsteps is even more amazing. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for my Savior and his teachings that bring me happiness and joy!

No comments: