Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tomatoes

I know this seems like such a silly thing to write about, but right now I'm pretty pleased with our tomato plants. A few months ago my best friend and roommate decided to get some tomato plants and a few herb plants. We seem to spend more money on these things at the grocery store than anything else. So we went to our local stores and found some nice mature tomato plants, bought potting soil and pot trays and planted our garden.

It is such a simple thing, but it has brought an immense amount of joy and satisfaction to our culinary adventures.

Well we finally were able to harvest some of the fruits of our labors where the tomatoes were concerned. Maybe they did and maybe they didn't, but I swear those tomatoes tasted so much better than the store bought ones. It is probably just me, but they are so good and they continue to be delicious. Here is the largest one that we've had so far.


Now this may seem like a simple thing, but the first time we made home-made bruschetta with garden grown tomatoes and garden grown basil. YUUUUUMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!

I am just grateful that we have been blessed with good fruits. :)


No comments: