Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Affects of Music on Creativity

This is all me, so don't quote me as having any sort of authority on this subject although I am certain there is plenty of authority available to quote on this subject.

I have noticed how certain songs can enliven my imagination and spur me on as I write. Some songs make me want to write heart wrenching parting scenes and some allow me to fight my way through a hoard of bad guys to the top of the mountain.

Music can play such an important role in our creative lives. It can help us do greater and better things or it can stop our creative juices completely. Some songs can inspire us and encourage us and some just leave us depressed and not willing to go on.

I just hope I am able to distinguish the music that will continue to inspire and bring that more fully into my life.

No comments: