Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mercy

Today was a weird day. I went to church, but I just couldn't pay attention. I wanted to be in church, just not in church in Fresno, I guess. Well I decided to re-read a conference talk on being merciful toward others and myself. It was by President Uchtdorf.

I think I should read this talk every day until I learn to have a pure heart filled with charity and mercy. It is amazing how the power of the spirit, the atonement can affect us so deeply. It amazes me even more to know that someone hundreds of miles away can be prompted to speak about something I need so desperately, something the world needs so desperately.

I just think of how much better our world would be if we showed mercy and forgiveness to each other. I say we, but I know that I need to work on this a lot.

It's just something to think about. I highly recommend reading this talk every day.

The Merciful Obtain Mercy By President Dieter F. Uchtdorf


No comments: