Friday, January 13, 2012

The Tower 4

I opened my eyes and realized I was back in the hotel room.  It was a dream, or was it?  I felt like no time had passed.  The sunlight was still coming through the window, but it was a bit dimmer than before.  I glanced at the clock.  It still read the same time.

I yawned and rolled out of bed.  My legs were sore and stiff like...I thought about my 'dream'...like I had climbed hundreds of stairs.  I shook my head.  This wasn't possible.

Suddenly the phone rang.  I jumped and then reached over to answer it.  My wake up call.  With a groan I stiffly got up and showered and got ready for the day.  I had three flights to work and then we'd be coming back to the hotel for another night.

When I finished I grabbed my lunch and manual and left the hotel room.  Everything seemed slightly off, like I was still dreaming.  The sounds around me echoed a little and I took a deep breath trying to shake the feeling.  I reached the lobby and met my crew and then we hopped on the shuttle to the airport.

The day was normal and when we returned to the hotel that afternoon I made a beeline for my room.  It had taken two flights for me to shake the weird feeling and I was anxious to change and relax.  I planned to walk around the hotel and soak in some of the beautiful sunshine.

When I changed I sat on the bed feeling suddenly tired.  Unconsciously I lay down and closed my eyes.  When I opened them I was again standing in front of the tower.

To be continued...

No comments: