Sunday, January 8, 2012

Obedience

Obedience was the theme at church today and in my scripture study.  We talked about our willingness to follow the Lord's commandments and how we can be blessed by being obedient.  In the Book of Mormon Nephi tells his father that he will do what the Lord commands, 'for I know the Lord will provide a way.'

I have thought about this statement many times over the last few months seeing how the Lord has provided a way for the things in my life to come together.  I quit my job and two weeks later heard about an interview with the airline.  Now I am a flight attendant and loving my job for the first time in years.

I could give a hundred different examples, but the reality is that if I am willing to obey the small and simple commandments the Lord will bless me.  That doesn't mean life will be easy on the contrary there will probably be even more challenges, but I will be a better person for holding to my values and standards.  I will be stronger as an individual.

I am grateful for the blessings I have gained by being obedient to the commandments of God.  I know there are many people out there who believe in some sort of a higher deity and some who don't believe in anything, but I do know that what ever you believe if you can follow those basic laws of positive living or the commandments we have been given we will be blessed.

We must understand though that the blessings may not be what I want, but the Lord will make sure it is what I need.

No comments: