Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dear Editor

Dear Author,

I'm here. I'm waiting. I will be an amazing character. I will make you laugh. I will make you cry. I will drive you crazy. I will make you fall in love with me. I just need you to open up and let me out.

Anticipatingly yours,
New Story

Dear New Story,

I know you're in there. I've heard you whispering to my mind. I want to let you out and introduce you to the world, but I'm not quite ready yet. Give me a little more time and I promise you will come alive.

Patiently,
Author

Dear Job,

Sometimes I wish I could just ignore you and completely lose myself in writing, but unfortunately you are what allows me to keep writing. I'm glad to have you.

Sincerely,
Writer

Dear Mommy,

Why do you keep tapping that cold metal thing with your fingers. You give that thing more attention than you do me. I'm so much cuter and warmer and softer. I lick your face and give you love, but you just tap away for hours on end. What is so great about that. It doesn't even squeak. Come on, just put it down and throw that toy, or better yet get me a treat. I promise I will lay down and leave you alone if you'll just feed me and play with me and take me for a walk. If not then I will be forced to used drastic measures.

Hopefully waiting,
Jetfire

Dear Jetfire,

You cute little dog. I love you so much, but not so much when you lay across my chest and block my view of the computer screen, or when you walk all over my keyboard wreaking havoc on my story. I love that you want me to give you attention, and I promise I will take you for a walk and play with you just as soon as I finish this chapter. Now go and lay down. I'll call you when I finish.

Distracted,
Mommy


No comments: