Wednesday, February 25, 2015

2014 ANWA Conference

So this last weekend I was able to again attend the American Night Writer's Association (ANWA) 2014 Conference. What an amazing experience. Though I always take a hit to my self-esteem after these conferences and I spend a good day thinking my writing is horrible, LOL, after I process the enormous amount of information I learn I actually get excited about the things I've learned and what I can do to improve and move on.

The conference took place at the Mesa Hilton in Mesa, AZ. It was nice to spend a few days in the warmer weather and to drink from that firehose of information. Hopefully everything will sink in soon.

At the conference I was able to meet some interesting characters. During the conference on Friday


night we had an Antagonist gala.

 I met Professor Umbridge, but she didn't mess with me because shortly after that I posed with my good friend Maleficent.

The best of all though was when I got to meet best-selling author Brandon Mull. Crazy!!!

I learned so much all weekend long and I am hoping that it will help me with my future endeavors. It was also great to meet up and reconnect with friends. You can't beat that. :)





No comments: