Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Future

So often there are movies, books and stories that portray what the future might be like for us. With this barrage of futuristic possibilities I decided to try my hand at a futuristic novel. I find it is much more challenging than I thought it would be. I love writing fantasy because you can make everything up as you go. I don't even mind writing mysteries or historical fiction because you are using facts and knowledge that is known and researchable, but futuristic writing is hard because you have to think about what might be available or unavailable to your characters in the future. You have to be able to imagine what the world might be like, what governments would do or not do, what people of all walks of life would do or not do.

I love a good challenge and this is a good challenge. Happy writing.

No comments: