Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spiritually Fed

It never ceases to amaze me at how intimately the Lord knows me and what I need. This morning I woke up early enough to shower, get ready and try to go to church. The hotel where I am staying graciously drove me the 2 miles to the church building and the ward that met in the morning welcomed me with open arms.

In Sacrament meeting I was well fed with talks about the sacrament, the articles of faith #7, and Matthew 7:21-29. All the talks seemed geared toward helping me with my personal struggles and trials. I thought that surely that would be enough, but no, Sunday School was also wonderful as we talked about the Book of Mormon prophet Enos and the power of prayer, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and the desire to do good. Happy that I made the choice to come to church I went in to Relief Society and again was filled up. There we talked about temples, ordinances and the power to save others souls as well as our own.

The members in the ward were wonderful to me as a stranger and welcomed my comments. I even got a ride home from a sweet lady who wished me a wonderful day and a good flight. I don't think I will ever forget this ward and I do hope that I will be able to attend there again sometime.

I get back to my room after three hours of uplifting feasting and decide to read my scriptures. Of course the Lord wasn't finished with me yet and I think he knew I had to be spiritually prepared to receive the instruction that I received from the conference talk and Ensign talk that I read.

I am feeling so grateful to my Heavenly Father for knowing me and what I need and then providing it so wonderfully just because I made the choice to go to church.

No comments: