Sunday, July 1, 2012

Faith

With our ever increasing tempestuous world that we live in I am finding it more and more important to exercise faith. My particular faith happens to be in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and I know most religions believe in God or some higher power. I know that it can be difficult to believe in anything when we look at the horrible things that happen in the world and even in our lives today.

I recently had some struggles with the health of my dog. Now I know this doesn't compare to other's struggles, but for right now this is my struggle. I love my dog. Being a single woman he is like my little boy right now. I hate seeing him suffer and have begged and prayed to Heavenly Father that he could be healed or released.

Even in this minor struggle of mine I am finding the importance of exercising faith even when nothing appears to be happening. The Lord will always see fit to bless us according to our faith in Jesus Christ and his ability to work miracles. I can't say my faith has always been perfect, but I do believe in miracles whether they are tangible or just feelings and thoughts of comfort.

I keep hoping and praying that I will have the faith necessary to do what the Lord expects of me and to stay strong and faithful in my beliefs even when it seems so hard to do so.

No comments: