Monday, February 13, 2012

My views on writing

I have thought a lot about my writing in the last few days and I have wondered just how many people really enjoy the things I write and how well my books would do if they actually got published.  I am very grateful for the inspiration I have been blessed with as I write and the stories I tell come from deep within my personality, heart, and imagination.

It is heartbreaking to get those rejection letters from agents, but at the same time it has forced me to learn and try to be a better writer.  When I tell a story it is like reading a book for the very first time.  I have an idea of what I want to happen in my books, but every event that unfolds is new and exciting.  Some scenes I can picture in my head and then I have to try and describe it in a way that others can see it too.

Sometimes I am surprised at the thrill of emotions I get when I write.  There is always an aura of mystery too because even though I am the author I'm still not always 100% sure of how things will happen. More than once I have exclaimed to my friend, "This character is related to this other character" or "I didn't know that."  I know it seems strange, but I have to attribute much of my creative genius to inspiration.

I feel that the things I write are meant to be written and hopefully someday read by others so they can be entertained and uplifted as I have been.  I understand why people say writing is an art.  For me it goes much deeper than that and I hope someday I will be able to touch the lives of many, many people around the world.

No comments: