Sunday, July 8, 2012

What greater witness...than from God?


So I was reading my scriptures yesterday and in one of the lessons I read I came upon this scripture reference that really made me think about my own testimony and witness. 
Doctrine and Covenants 6:23
 21 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the aSon of God. I am the same that came unto mine bown, and mine own received me not. I am theclight which shineth in ddarkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.
 22 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might aknow concerning the truth of these things.
 23 Did I not speak apeace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater bwitness can you have than from God?
How many times do we question our own testimonies of truth or fall to unholy paths in search of a witness that we have already received. Even I have fallen prey to that old trick of Satan's.
I am so grateful for the scriptures and the lessons we read and learn in and out of church. If it hadn't been for these wise words from a prophet of God then I wouldn't have had the opportunity to remember the beautiful experience I had when I gained my own personal witness of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments: