Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sleeping In

I have realized just how wonderful and addictive sleeping in is.  I have just spent a month on reserve in Fresno on a 9 to 9 schedule and found myself staying up late and sleeping in.  I have to change that since I am now on a 4am to 4pm schedule.  I haven't been called yet, but this morning I woke at 8 and thought "well this won't happen very often."

But have you noticed that when you start sleeping in it gets easier and easier to sleep later and later.  I'm not what you would call a morning person, but I do value those morning hours from 7 to 10 that I seem to be able to get more done when I am conscious than the whole rest of the day.  When I sleep through those hours the day seems to go by without me really accomplishing anything.

I guess there really is truth to the old adage: Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man (or woman) healthy, wealthy and wise.  So we can add a new goal or resolution or whatever to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier.  Besides if I get called at 4am I have to get up anyway. :)

No comments: