Sunday, April 1, 2012

LDS General Conference Sunday Sessions

So today continued the General Conference talks and pure spiritual uplifting and counsel. I can say with conviction that the Lord truly loves and knows me and he knows what I needed to hear. There were several talks that discussed service and the importance of moving beyond ourselves. One that especially touched me was by M. Russell Ballard. He talked about how when individuals and families work at living righteous principles they tend to do better spiritually and even temporally. He counseled us to live correct principles and if we can do this and help others to do this then we can correct many of the spiritual, physical and temporal problems of our day. When people show faith and love toward others and live righteous lives then we will see improvement in those lives in education and even economic welfare. What an absolutely beautiful principle he taught. We see this over and over in the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. When the people humbled themselves and lived righteous principles and taught them to their families, friends and neighbors then the people prospered in the land. They were educated secularly and spiritually and they all became wealthy. I thought about this and I realized that if i live correct principles and values it will improve every other aspect of my life and eventually the life of my future family. The best way to do this is to remove fear with faith in the Lord. Another talk that really struck me was by Neil L. Anderson. He spoke of a time when a reporter who had studied the church and the people, the doctrine and other things associated made the comment 'How can anyone say you aren't Christian?' He said this question struck him personally as he wondered if there was anything in his life that could make someone wonder if he wasn't Christian. Then he posed the question What thinks Christ of me? This made me think about my own life and my actions. I should ask this every day and modify my behavior in such a way that when I ask what thinks Jesus of me I can answer that he is pleased with what I have become. One of the last things Elder Anderson said was 'As we trust in the Savior, promised miracles will occur whether in this life or the next.' This was of great comfort to me. I just feel so blessed to have been able to be a part of this wonderful conference and to feel my Heavenly Father's and Savior's love for me. They know each of us individually and they care about us even when we don't care about them. What a wonderful truth to know. They answered my prayers and gently but firmly instructed me in the paths I should follow. The beautiful thing is that anyone can have this same assurance that I have, just come unto Christ.

No comments: