Monday, April 9, 2012

The Tower 47


I waited for a few moments before turning to Sareanne. Her face was set with determination. Whatever she was feeling I hoped it would get us out of our present predicament.
“It’s probably good he doesn’t know what we can see out the window,” I commented not really knowing what to say.
“His curse is weakening, broken in some places, this is very good,” she replied. I could see her confident façade weakening.
“What are we going to do now?” I couldn’t see how we could get out of this situation.
“I don’t know,” she said her shoulders drooping in defeat.
I thought about everything that had happened. “What is so special about the room in the upper corner of the castle?”
“It’s my room,” she said.
“Can Antheus go in there?”
“I don’t think so. I’ve never even seen him up on that floor. I haven’t been up there since he cursed me. During the day I was the monster and at night I was trapped in his prison.”
“Then I think we need to get to that room,” I suggested.
Sareanne nodded in agreement and her gaze drifted to the barred door. I followed her and began examining the door. It was made of sturdy wood and iron bars that were unbreakable especially by two women. Our situation seemed pretty hopeless, but I still prayed for a miracle.

No comments: