Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

So Mother's Day has been kind of hard since my own mother passed away a few years ago. I usually attend church ready to cry and miss my mother, but today was really awesome.

I attended a young single adult (YSA) ward in Oregon and they were absolutely amazing and welcoming. Instead of focusing on Mothers (which most of us singles aren't) we talked about the Priesthood. It was an amazing day and I was really glad that I had read my scriptures this morning because a few of the things we discussed in Sunday School and Relief Society meetings applied to what I had read this morning.

It just makes me grateful to a Heavenly Father who knows what I need. This day is totally what I needed for Mother's Day.

But not to put down Mother's Day, I want to wish a very heartfelt and happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in my life who have helped, guided, loved and been there for me. Especially I want to thank those very close friends who have been like mother's to me after my own passed away. I appreciate all of you and I hope that you have a very special Mother's Day!!!


And to my own Mother, who now resides with the angels in heaven, I love you and miss you so much and I wish I could see you right now and tell you in person, but that wasn't part of God's plan for us. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day flying like lightening across the sky to check on each of your children. I love you, Mom!!!

Courtesy of Melanie Mason
In loving memory of Judy Mason

No comments: