Thursday, November 5, 2015

More Books to Read and Enjoy

All right, I've totally been slacking in my writing lately and of course to make up for it I've been reading tons. Here is the latest list of books that I recommend.


The Siren Tamer by Sofia St. Angeles

I’m a Siren Tamer and she’s my Siren. We’re a legendary matched set that only occurs once every thousand years. When we’re together we’re at peace, and can conquer the world—literally. Apart, I can’t stop thinking about her, and . . . she could accidently kill herself. Crazy, huh? Well, it gets even better. We know nothing of our powers. The few people who do know, have kept it from us our entire lives. But now, they know I’ve heard The Whisperings, and they’re running into some issues. One: How do they tell us what we’re capable of? And two: How can they get my Siren to stop hating my guts?

A great read full of mystery, suspense, adventure, and clean romance. It is a must read. I can't wait for the next book to come out!!!


The Masked Heart by Karla Darcy

Miss Blaine Meriweather is a young woman of good family whose estate is in financial shambles. How will she care for her brother and sister? Out of options, she becomes the astonishing actress La Solitaire! Imagine the scandal if anyone discovers her identity! Blaine’s wild success saves her family. All should be well. The only thing she hadn't counted on was Lord Farrington, who is determined to make La Solitaire his mistress! Blaine’s finest acting is required to save her virtue, her family, and their honor. It would have been so easy, if only Blaine hadn’t fallen in love.... 

This delightful Regency romance was all the fun of a romance without all the annoying junk authors seem driven to add nowadays. I loved the fact that there was much more to the story than simply boy meets girl and we get to know wonderful characters that have true struggles, personalities, and life decisions. Excellent story. I like this author so far and I hope she keeps her books clean.

The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell

In the fifteenth-century kingdom of Sylvania, the prince offers a fabulous reward to anyone who cures the curse that forces the princesses to spend each night dancing to the point of exhaustion. Everyone who tries disappears or falls into an enchanted sleep.
 
Thirteen-year-old Reveka, a smart, courageous herbalist’s apprentice, decides to attempt to break the curse despite the danger. Unravelling the mystery behind the curse leads Reveka to the Underworld, and to save the princesses, Reveka will have to risk her soul.

This was a fun read that would sit more in a YA or even middle grade category, but I am not too picky when it comes to a good fantasy. This story brought us characters that struggled with hard decisions and gave them choices that might be difficult to accept once the decision is made. I really loved how Reveka had to look deep within herself to find out what she really wanted out of her life.


No comments: