Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Review

So I just had the opportunity to read a great romantic suspense book by Debra Erfert.

A coincidence is God’s way of staying anonymous. 

Buying the 1920s farmhouse south of Phoenix, where the rumors of John Dillinger’s gang hid out in the 30s, is supposed to be Grace Evanheart’s way of escaping an old romance. When she finds an ancient diary with a map under the bedroom’s floorboard, the rumors solidify into fact. She doesn’t know who to trust with the news; Micah Stevens, the handsome deputy and the great grandson of the original landowners with whom she’s attracted, or Jerry, the young historian who seems too intent on learning about her new home? 

Micah seems convinced their paths cross exactly at the right time and in the right place for them to fall in love. Now he just has to convince Grace of the same thing before suspicions of his real motive have her running again.

Great book with twists and turns that kept me reading till the end!!!

I really enjoyed this book. It was fun to get a dose of AZ history along with some healthy, clean romance and some suspense. I did get a little annoyed with the Grace because she was always getting into trouble and Micah was always saving her, though there were a few times when she grew a backbone and fought back. I also didn't understand the whole experience with Jerry. It seemed like it was put in just to create a scene for Micah to help Grace and then he continued as an annoyance, but not really anything to further the plot. I truly expected him to be involved in the whole mystery of the missing gangster/bank robber money, but in the end he wasn't and I was a bit disappointed with that.

I did enjoy the twist at the end and the fact that Grace got to save Micah for once. The twists and turns in the book were fun and kept me reading all the way to the end. I was sad about Charlie. Once again, someone else had to save Grace and that frustrated me, but it also made sense. I also loved Micah's family and wished we could have seen more of them.

This really was a great book with good suspense and engaging characters. I highly recommend it.

No comments: