Friday, June 5, 2015

Dear Editor

Dear Fantasy Novel,

I know you are waiting with baited breath for me to finish you, but right now I've got romance on the brain, so you'll have to wait. Sorry,

Sincerely Yours,

Romance Author

Dear Sequel,

Yes, we've got sort of a timeline, but I have research to do, along with all the flying stuff that makes your existence possible. Patience. Be like the characters: anxious and waiting. :)

Thoughtfully yours,

Published Author

Dear Romance,

Why is it when I think one thing is going to happen that you twist me around and make something entirely different happen? Really? Come on, I thought I had you all planned out in my head and you go and change things. Grrr. Don't get me wrong, I know the changes are for the better, but seriously.

Halted in Love and Happy Endings,

Author

Dear Middle Grade Fiction,

You are the hardest one of all to work on. This time of year is especially hard, so as in patience you have begun, so in patience you will continue. Someday we will complete this journey together and you will be amazing and hopefully you will be able to help others cope with the loss that I have dealt with.

Thankfully yours,

Melanie Mason

No comments: