Saturday, February 7, 2015

Today is my birthday!!!

What a wonderful day. I got to sleep in until 6:15 this morning and then I got ready and caught the shuttle to the SLC airport. Once on my plane my awesome crew pulled me aside, sang, and gave me a chocolate cupcake with Happy Birthday on it. They even had candles, but we can't light candles on the airplane.
After everyone got on the plane the ground crew had the passengers sing happy birthday to me. Then my captain announced to everyone that it was my birthday and mentioned my book. I'm pretty sure my face was bright red. My captain made it a point to let the passengers on my other two flights know that it was my birthday.

On our break between the flights we went out to Beaches, (a restaurant in the airport) and I got a stack of pancakes.

After work today Dawn Malek​ and I went out to Olive Garden for

my dinner. We had a great waitress named Brittany. She was a sweetheart. I got a fun little dessert and Brittany wrote Happy Birthday on the plate. It was so neat. It's been a very fun day!!!

It does feel kind of crazy that I'm as old and young as I am. It is almost hard to believe that the years have gone by so fast. It does, however, make you think about what you've done with the time given you. I'm grateful to be alive and happy and healthy.

What a great day!!! Thanks for all the wonderful birthday wishes everyone!!!

No comments: